In regards to chill-out time, sleep is seriously under-rated.
When you are under the pump you might have noticed that you find it hard to fall asleep because of ‘mind chatter’, or you don’t sleep deeply as you would normally and wake up during the night and find it difficult to get back to sleep. Are you springing out of bed in the morning? Or does ‘peeling yourself out of bed’ sound more like you?
The fact is that ongoing sleep struggles interferes with normal daily function. So if you’re NOT getting adequate sleep you may find yourself experiencing:
- Poor memory and concentration
- Drowsiness and impaired functioning and performance
If you’ve resonated with any of the above, the sleep needs to by your Area Of Focus!
Here’s some handy tips to help build up better sleeping habits:
- Lock in a set bed time which is the same every night
- Have a cup of Chamomile tea about 30 minutes before bed
- Sign off from social media and put your phone on charge – in the kitchen. Don’t take your mobile phone with you to bed as you’re more likely to roll over and look at it when you’re tossing and turning. ***If you need an alarm, buy an alarm clock. It doesn’t have to be flash, just annoying enough to wake you up in the morning
- Have your cup of Chamomile tea, turn off the TV, have a shower, go to bed. REPEAT
The purpose of this is to get your brain to recognise that it’s got about 30 minutes from the time you’ve had that delicious cup of chamomile tea to wind down so it’s ready to go night-night when you are!
REMEMBER – Consistency Is The Key
If you are finding that you’re struggling with sleep, then give the clinic a call on (07) 4031 8191 and make a booking to see our health practitioner who can help you get punching Z’s easily again!